Jungle Safari – Bardia National Park – 3 Days
The Bardia National Park is spread over 968 sq. km. and located in the western Nepal Terai. It is easily the largest and least disturbed wilderness spread in the terai and is predominantly sal forest sprinkled with tall grasslands. It is bounded on the north by the Churia Hills and is skirted on the west by the Geruwa River. It is here that your chances of spotting a tiger in Nepal are the highest. Other animals include the rhinoceros, swamp deer, leopard, jungle cats, blue bulls, sloth bear, barking deer, and languor. There are a few wild elephants and some of the males are considered the largest in Asia.
The Geruwa River that rushes in through a break in the hill range, is home to the famous masher game fish, gharial, marsh mugger crocodiles and the freshwater Gangetic dolphins. The park also has cobras, kraits and pythons.
The park boasts more than 250 species of birds, including the endangered Bengal florica, Sarus crane and many species of geese, duck and parakeets.
Day 1: Fight to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu
- Flight to Nepalgunj. You will then be transferred to our lodge where you will be offered refreshment and be given a briefing on our lodge and its facilities. You will given brief on your programs for the day and your room will be allocated to you.
- Village tour to a nearby ethnic Tharu village where you will learn more about the culture and life style of Tharus.
Day 2: Full day safari in Bardiya National Park
- Wake up call
- Elephant ride, an excellent opportunity to get the lifetime experience on the elephant back and to see the wildlife of the park. Visit to visitor center, crocodile breeding center and Tharu cultural museum.
- Jungle walk. An excellent opportunity to see the wild animals, birds and the wild sightseeing, accompanied by our experienced naturalists and wild life tracker. Excellent photographic opportunities are plentiful.
Day 3: Departure from Nepalgunj to kathmandu
- Wake up call
- Bird watching. An excellent opportunity to see a many species of birds found in Bardia. Visit to Karnali River for Dolphin sightseeing.
- Departure for onward journey
● Transport (from Kathmandu or Nepalgunj)
● Elephant back safaris
● Nature walks
● Village tours
● Bird-watching excursions
● All meals
● Other activities (cultural dance display, canoe ride, etc)
● National Park entry fees
Bring insect repellant, sunscreen and your swimming costume. A pair of binoculars is also a good idea.
● Visa costs
● Insurance (obligatory on all trips)
● Other meals in Kathmandu or Nepalgunj
● Spending of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, and souvenirs
● Crew tips
● International Flights & Departure tax.