Everest Base Camp Trek – 13 days
Everest Base Camp trekking is one of the most well-known treks in the world. From Kathmandu, it takes about 35-40 min towards the eastern Nepal along with scenic mountain range to Lukla which is the gateway to the Everest Region. From Lukla, our trekking heads to north through numerous ridges and suspension bridges, through snowcap mountain views to Namche bazaar. Namche Bazaar (3450m) is the largest town in the region with excellent food and accommodation. This is the best place to to acclimatize against Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Usually, tourist stays for at least a night here for acclimatization. We will take a scenic walk with your first views of Everest to the nearby village of Khumjung to explore the Sherpa communities customs and culture. At the hilltop village of Tengboche, we visit the historical Buddhist Monastery and can attend the evening puja ceremony with the monks. You can see marvellous views of beautiful mountains Thamserku (6608m), Kangtega (6085m), Everest (8848m).
The unique and beautiful Sherpa villages can be seen higher up our trail. After lunch, trek to Everest Base Camp begins with the view of huge Khumbu Glacier and famous Khumbu icefall. Returning from Everest Base Camp follows wonderful valleys and are normally is faster and easier. Spring (March, April, May) and autumn (September, October and November) are the best times for Everest Base Camp trekking.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft)
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m/11,283ft)
Day 04: Acclimatize day
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3,867m/12684ft)
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche (4,358m/14,295 ft)
Day 07: Trek to Lobuche (4,928m/16164 ft)
Day 08: Trek to Gorak Shep – Everest Base Camp – Gorak Shep (5,320m/17,450ft EBC)/ (5,160m/16,929ft Gorekshep)
Day 09: Hike to Kala Pattar – Pheriche (5550m/18,204ft Kalapatthar)/ (4,358m/14,295 ft. Pheriche)
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11,283ft)
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2,652m/8,700ft)
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
Day 13: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel)
- Round trip airfare (Kathmandu to Lukla / Lukla to Kathmandu)
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park fee
- All necessary documentation
- Government licenses holder trekking guide.
- Guide insurance.
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis, during your trek (if choosing ‘All Inclusive’ Package)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Airport drop
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc.)
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Porter’s facility.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed.