Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes – 13 Days
This trip will bring you to the home of the famous Sherpa people, on the foothill of the Mt. Everest (8848m). This trek follows the famous trekking route through the Dudh Koshi river to its source the Gokyo Lake to the west of the Everest Base Camp. You will get chance to summit Gokyo peak (5483m) at which you will glance a panoramic view of Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Everest and Mt. Makalu. The trek can be treated as one of the adventurous trek in the Himalayas as it follows the route via high pass into Khumbu i.e. Cho La pass at 5330m. As we cross the Cho-La pass, we then return back to Lukla following the route through Everest Base Camp, Kala Pathar and Thyangboche monastery, Khumjung village, Namche Bazar.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
DAY 02: Kathmandu – Lukla [2,800 m/9,184 ft] – Phakding (2,652 m/8,700 ft): 3 – 4 hrs
DAY 03: Phakding – Namche Bazaar [3,440 m/11,283 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
DAY 04: Namche Bazaar: Acclimatization Day
DAY 05: Namche Bazzar – Phorse Village-[3810 m/ 12,496 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
DAY 06: Phorse Village – Machhermo-[4,470 m/ 14,663 ft]: 5 – 6 hrs
DAY 07: Machharmo – Gokyo [4800 m/15,744 ft]: 5 – 6 hours
DAY 08: Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri [5357 m/17,570 ft] and hike to fifth lakes: 5 – 6 hrs
DAY 09: Gokyo to Dole: 3 – 4 hrs
DAY 10: Dole – Namche: 4 – 5 hrs
DAY 11: Namche Bazaar – Lukla: 6 – 8 hrs
DAY 12: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 13: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket.
- Trekking guide, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Porter’s facility.
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed