Everest View Trek – 11 Days
Everest View Trek is relatively easy compared to some of other treks in Everest region. It brings you up high along trails to Tengboche Monastery (3850m). This is a short trek but very panaromic trek. The most exciting part of this trek it that it offers real view of the world highest peak Mt. Everest (8848m) and other high peaks such as Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam and other many snowy peaks. We take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airport and begin trek up to Namche Bazar, Tyangboche (famous for it’s monastery) and into the Khumjung village, a very nice settlement of Sherpas people. This trek is a great introduction to Sherpa communities and its culture with great mountain views, a very popular destination for first time trekkers in Nepal. This trek is best suited for those who do not have enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Today we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Lukla
We will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4: Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Today features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountains.
Day 5: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar
In order to prevent altitude sickness, we will spend the day either taking a short hike to Thame or exploring the charming town of Namche Bazaar. The optional trek takes us to Sagarmatha National Park, which offers insight into the history and the Sherpa culture and mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. Upon return to Namche Bazaar, you can wander the prosperous trading town and explore its famous markets while enjoying several modern shops and restaurants or visiting the famous night market.
Day 6: Namche Bazzar to Tengpoche
We continue along a flat trail through the town of Sanasa offering pristine views of Ama Dablam before arriving in the village of Phunki Thanga. We continue on a steep path until we reach Tengpoche monastery offering unparalleled views of the Himalayan giants uncluding Everest.
Day 07: Tengpoche to Khumjung
The trail droops toward a river before rising as we pass by a river before arriving at the traditional Sherpa settlement of Khumjung. This is the largest village in the Khumbu region and is home to a Yeti skull, a historic hospital and the famous Edmund Hillary School named after the famous mountaineer who first scaled Everest.
Day 08: Khumjung to Jorsale
The short trip passes through Namche Bazaar offering an afternoon break to explore the town and its quaint shops and atmosphere. After we have finished exploring Namche Bazaar, we continue down the trail above Dudh Kosi until we reach Jorsale.
Day 09: Jorsale to Lukla
We return along the trail passing above Dudh Kosi on the way to Jiri before arriving in Lukla in the afternoon. We will take time to admire our trek and have a small celebration in Lukla while learning about the Sherpa Culture.
Day 10: Lukla to Kathmandu
We will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 11: Departure
Today, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket .
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- City Tour entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara while entering Temple and Monastery