Jomsom Muktinath Trek – 8 Days
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is popular trekking trail in Annapurna region where you will see and enjoy with different spectacular Himalayan views and religious practices of Buddhists and Hindus. It is renown in Nepal as a Skyline trek and Religion trek.
The famous temple of Lord Muktinath (at the altitude of 3750 m) is located in Mustang region and is situated about 18 kms northeast of Jomsom. Jomsom is the gateway of the Nepal’s hidden treasure “Mustang”, the trekker can see the landscape of mustang and reach to the Hindus’ and Buddhists sacred pilgrimage Muktinath.
You can view the deepest George in the world is in this trek called the Kaligandaki George. This George lies in between two mountains over 8000m height Mt.Annapurna (8091) in the east and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) in west respectively.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the MSM Tour and Treks team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Pokhara
Today we will take a six-hour drive through the scenic Kathmandu valley passing the Trisuli River surrounded by serene terraced rice fields along the way. We will arrive in the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara with plenty of time to explore the quaint village and enjoy the beautiful views of mountains reflected in the lake.
Day 3: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom and hiking – Kagbeni
We will leave for a short but scenic flight from Pokhara to Jomsom before hiking a few hours to the village town of Kagbeni nestled in the Annapurna range.
Day 4: Kagbeni to Muktinath
We will pass upwards along a trail passing through a desert like landscape featuring caves and mountain views. We will continue to pass through several small towns and their traditional Tibetan architecture spotting sheep, apple trees and Yaks along the way. We will arrive in the spiritual pilgrimage location of Muktinath offering views of the Thorong La Valley.
Day 5: Muktinath to Jomson
We will head down the Kali Gandaki Gorge past the town of Kagbeni before arriving in Jomson. We will stay here for the night to learn more about the local culture and customs of the Tibetan people while exploring the peaceful town.
Day 6: Jomson to Pokhara
We will return along the short 35-minute flight route to Pokhara. You will be able to spot some of the villages you hiked through on your flight as we return to the lakeside town of Pokhara to spend an evening soaking in the backpacker culture and charm of the city.
Day 7: Pokhara to Kathmandu
We will return either by tourist bus or flight to Kathmandu for our last night of the trip. Tonight is a great time to do any exploring or souvenir shopping in the backpacker haven of Thamel upon arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 8: Departure
Depending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from MSM Tour and Trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with MSM Tour and Treks, as one time is never enough.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Overland Transportations Bus ,car, & flights as you prefer.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed