Kanchenjunga Trek – 26 Days
This trek approaches the South Face Base Camp of the world’s third highest peak, Kanchenjunga [8598m] which lies in the eastern frontier of Nepal. Mt. Kanchenjunga, one of the world’s most challenging peaks to climb, geographically lies on the Nepal-Sikkim (India) border. The trek begins right after landing at a STOL airstrip in Taplejung and goes through fascinating green, crop growing villages and pristine forests to the awe-inspiring South Face Base Camp at Ramche at [4360m], before crossing to the north side of Kanchenjunga via the Mirgin La, the highest pass at [4663m]. The glacial excursion around Ramche is truly an unforgettable experience. The return trek via Ghunsa is easier as most of the path passes along the river valley.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
DAY 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (81 m/266 ft)
DAY 03: Fly from Biratnagar to Suketar (2,420 m/7,938 ft) or Drive from Phidim (1,179 m/ (3,868 ft) to Suketar
DAY 04: Suketar to Mitlung (921 m/3,021 ft) 4-5 hrs
DAY 05: Mitlung to Chirwa (1,270 m/4166 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 06: Chirwa to Sukathum (1,576 m/5,169 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 07: Sukathum to Amjilosa (2,308 m /7,570 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 08: Amjilosa to Gyabla (2,730 m /8,954 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 09: Gyabla to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 10: Acclimatisation day at Ghunsa
DAY 11: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 12: Acclimatisation Day at Kambachen
DAY 13: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780 m/15,678 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 14: Trek to Pangpema/Kanchenjunga North Base Camp (5,388 m/17,673 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 15: Trek back to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 16: Kambachen to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 3-4 hrs
DAY 17: Ghunsa to Sele Le (4,290 m/14,071 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 18: Sele Le to Cheram (3,870 m/12,694 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 19: Cheram to Ramche (4,580 m/15,022 ft) and return back to Cheram, 4-5 hrs
DAY 20: Cheram to Tortong (2,995 m/9,824 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 21: Tortong to Yamphudin (2,080 m/6,822 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 22: Yamphudin to Yangpang (1,007 m/3,304 ft) 6-7 hrs
DAY 23: Yangpang to Thorpu (1,500 m/4,290 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 24: Thorpu to Birtamod (300 m/ 984 ft) 5-6 hrs
DAY 25: Drive from Birtamod to Bhadrapur then Fly to Kathmandu
Day 26: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Bhadrapur-Kathmandu-Bhadrapur flight
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- All accommodation and Three time meal during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Trekking guide accommodation, fare, meal, equipment and salary & Insurance
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Porter’s facility.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed