Kathmandu Pokhara Tour – 6 Days
kathmandu is a cultural hotbed of entwined histories and fascinating cultural encounters that never disappoint, making it one of the most popular and sought-after destinations in South Asia. It truly is a place for travellers to realise their dreams.By contrast, Pokhara is a relatively peaceful, enchanting Himalayan valley nestled in a tranquil valley. It is the starting point of many of Nepal?s most popular trekking and rafting destinations, dotted all over with glowing faces pouring over trekking maps, and exhausted but happy backpackers returning from the mountains.This tour is perfect for those who want to take a short break out of the capital city to Pokhara, Nepal?s second city, before returning to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
The views of the snow clad mountain peaks indicate that you have entered the country of the Himalayans where the people here are as diverse as the cultures here, where there is always something happening somewhere. Upon arrival, you will meet with MSM Tours and Treks representative at the airport who will assist and help you transfer to a Hotel. Overnight accommodation will be in hotel.
Day 2: Sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu
After breakfast, we will have a full day guided sight –seeing tour around Kathmandu where you can feast your eyes on the rich and colorful history of the country. The tour includes Kathmandu Durbar Square- houses the old royal palace of the Kathmandu kingdom, Monkey Temple- swarming with monkeys, Pashupatinath- one of the most significant Hindu temple of Lord Shiva in the world, Boudha Stupa- one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Kathmandu. One will be able to appreciate how the country is as it is. From the top of the Monkey Temple to the fluttering of the colorful prayer flags at Boudha Stupa, you will be able to feel the way of life of the people in the Kathmandu Valley. Overnight accommodation will be in a hotel.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara drive (884m) Driving duration: (Bus- 8 hours) (Jeep- 6 hours)
The mountain scenery along the drive will also be amazing- looks like a magnificent amphitheatre in a staggering scale and the scenes in the passing villages are astonishing. The landscape along with the way of life of the inhabitants’ changes radically.You will spend the night in Pokhara – a tourist destination which is popular for its ambient lakeside and fine views of the Annapurnas. There are a large variety of shops, hotels and restaurants which caters to different tastes and preferences.
Pokhara challenges all of your five senses.
Day 4: Exploration of Pokhara
We will start off with a early drive to Sarangkot to capture the tranquil magical view of the city before sunrise and also to view the first rays of sunlight hitting the mountains on the backdrop. Sarangkot offers panoramic views of the Annapurna, Fishtail, Dhaulagiri and other mountains. After an exhilarating start, we will drive back to Pokhara, where a whole day of sightseeing awaits us; Mahendra Cave, Bat cave, Davis falls….etc. Overnight accommodation will be in a hotel.
Day 5: Pokhara to Kathmandu
You will take a ride back to Kathmandu. Upon reaching Kathmandu, you will have the whole day to yourself. You can indulge yourself in your personal activities / Shopping. Overnight accommodation will be in a hotel.
Day 6: Departure
Transfer to Airport for departure.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder City Tour Guide.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed