Langtang Gosainkunda and Helambu Trek – 16 Days
Langtang is a narrow valley situated south of the Tibetan border, an area inhabited
by Tamang and Tibetan ethnic who share a similar religion which is buddhist, language and attire. The landscapes we cross are extremely varied: rice-terraces, gigantic rhododendron and in the highest part, a rock and bush wilderness with the fascinating backdrop of snowy peaks. The route passes by the sacred lakes of Gosaikunda (4380m), a pilgrimage spot where, during the full moon festival of August, gathers hundreds of pilgrims. After Gosaikunda, we continue across the Laurebina pass towards the Helambu valley and its numerous and picturesque Sherpa villages. It is advisable to plan an extra day, which can be spent in Melamchi Gaon, a Sherpa village, which will excite you for sure.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi – 7-8 hours.
Day 03: Trek Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel (2,470m). – 5 hours
Day 04: Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3,430m). – 5/6 hours
Day 05: Trek Langtang Valley to Kyanjing Gompa (3,870m). – 4 hours
Day 06: Trek back Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel. – 5 hours
Day 07: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru Village (2,260m). – 5/6 hours
Day 08: Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3,330m). – 4 hours
Day 09: Sing Gompa to Laurebina Pass (3,920m). – 5 hours
Day 10: Laurebina Pass to Gosainkunda (4,600m). – 4/5 hours
Day 11: Trek Gosainkunda Pass to Ghopte (3,440m). – 6 hours
Day 12: Trek Ghopte to Tharepati (3,440m). – 6 hours
Day 13: Tharepati to Gul Bhanjyang (2,140m). – 6/7 hours
Day 14: Gul Bhanjyang to Chisopani (2,134m). – 5 hours
Day 15: Chisopani to Sundarijal and Kathmandu 4hours 30 minute’s drive.
Day 16: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- 2 nights in delux hotel in Kathmandu
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- All accommodation and 3 times meals during the trek.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Trekking guide accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Porters facility
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed