Makalu Adventure Trek – 18 Days
Barun Valley Makalu Trek is located in the eastern part of Nepal offering impressing natural scenery. The main focal point of this trek is Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area, which lies in the Solukhumbhu and Sankhuwasabha district, established in 1992 and formally inaugurated in 1992. Mount Makalu (8463m), the world’s fifth highest peak, Chamlang Himal and Barun Valley are the major jewels of this area.
Having a wide range of altitudinal and climatic variations, the Makalu Barun area offers a remarkable and diverse habitat for a rich variety of flora and fauna. Plants of all major ecological zones: tropical, sub-tropical, temperate, alpine and sub-alpine are found here. The park is the home to a rich variety of wildlife also.
The highlights of this rich natural paradise include beautiful mountains, pristine forest, and a wide variety of plants, animal life and the simple and warm hearted people local people with rich and varied
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
DAY 02: Fly to Tumlingtar 45m (1,840m/6035 ft):
DAY 03: Drive to Num (1,500m/ 4922ft)
DAY 04: Trek to Seduwa (1,540m/5051 ft): 8/9 hrs
DAY 05: Trek to Tashigaon (2,070m/6790 ft): 4/5 hrs
DAY 06: Rest day in Tashigaon
DAY 07: Khongma (3,560m/11,676 ft): 6/7 hrs
DAY 08: Cross Shipton La and trek to Debotay (3,650m/11,972 ft): 7/8 hrs
DAY 09: Trek to Yangle Kharka (3,600m/11,808 ft): 5/6 hrs
DAY 10: Trek to Merek(langmale Kharka) (4,500m/14,760 ft):5/6 hrs
DAY 11: Day tour to Makalu Base Camp (5,000m/16,400 ft): 5/6 hrs
DAY 12: Trek to Yangle Kharka: 8/9 hrs
DAY 13: Trek to Debatay: 6/7 hrs
DAY 14: Trek to Tashigaon: 5/6 hrs
DAY 15: Trek to Num: 4/5 hrs
DAY 16: Trek to Chichila, Transfer to Tumlingtar: 9/10 hrs
DAY 17: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Special permits to trek in Makalu.
- ACAP permit and MCAP permit.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Food – 3 meals per day during your trek
- All accommodation and meals during the trek.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc.)
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Porter’s facility.
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed.