Shivapuri Hiking Day Tour – 1 Days
Shivapuri Day Hiking tour is one of the most popular Hiking trail near by Kathmandu for bird watcher group and religious / pilgrimage travelers. Shivapuri National park is one of the nearest and second highest hill national park of Kathmandu valley, situated at an elevation of 2563m.
Day 1: Shivapuri (2563m)
MSM Tours and Treks Guide will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Kathmandu
Drive from Kathmandu to Muhan Pokhari for about 30 minutes. After checking the formalities at the Shivapuri entrance gate, you enter Shivapuri watershed and wildlife area. You commence your hike from the southern boundary of the area where the army check-post is located. The trail goes along the rugged but drivable road through pine and cherry forest up to Nangi Gompa within one and half hours, where a nunnery monastery is located.
Beyond the monastery, the trail goes steeply uphill through the oak, rhododendron and bamboo forest for another three hours.From here you can enjoy the beauty of snowy Himalayas such as Ganesh Himal, Langtang-Lirung, Dorji Lhakpa and you take a shortcut downhill to Budhanilkantha in about two and half hours before commencing your drive back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder City Tour Guide.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed