Upper Dolpo Trek – 20 Days
The mysterious and remote Dolpo region was completely closed to tourists until 1989 but has always been a popular pilgrimage location for spiritual locals looking to enjoy stunning mountain scenery. Nestled between the Tibetan Plateau and the Dhaulagiri Range, the native people are mostly of mysterious Tibetan origins and have had little contact with western development and travelers. The range is home to a wide range of natural beauty combining highlights of the plateau and Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and timeless mountain passes and valleys draped in the beautiful green vegetation of the lower altitudes. We will spot a wide range of indigenous animals including the musk deer, tradition blue sheep, a wide range of birds and potentially the elusive snow leopard. This is an ideal trek for those looking to enjoy a wide range of natural beauty, remote religious sites, beautiful lakes and authentic interactions with local culture.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, MSM Tours and Treks representative will officially greet and meet you at Airport & transfer you to Hotel. Rest at the hotel and briefing about the trip. Overnight in Kathmandu (1,000m/3,280ft).
Day 02: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Day 03: Nepalgunj via Juphal to Chhepka (2,840m) (Flying 35 minutes and trekking 6 hours).
Day 04: Chhepka to Chunuwar/Gangchhen Menkhang (3,110m) 6 hours.
Day 05: Chunuwar/Gangchhen Menkhang to Phoksundo Lake (3,730m) 6 hours.
Day 06: A Rest and Acclimatization Day.
Day 07: Phoksundo Lake to Chunemba (3,640m) 5 hours.
Day 08: Chunemba to Snowfields (4.400m) 7 hours.
Day 09: Snowfields via Ngadra La (5,370m) to Shey Gompa (4,310m) 6 hours.
Day 10: Shey via Shey La (5,000m) to Namgung (4,430m) 6 hours.
Day 11: Namgung to Sibu (4,200m) 7-8 hours.
Day 12: Sibu to Lagmo Che (4,570m) 4 hours.
Day 13: Lagmo Che via Jeng La (5,110) to Tokyu (4,210m) 7 hours.
Day 14: Tokyu via Dho Tarap (4,080m) to Sisaul (3,750m) 6 hours.
Day 15: Sisaul to Laina Odar (3,370) 7/8 hours.
Day 16: Laina Odar to Lingdo (2,390m) 5 hours.
Day 17: Lingdo to Dunai (2,140m) 5 hours.
Day 18: Dunai to Juphal Airport 3 hours.
Day 19: Juphal Airport via Nepalgunj Airport to Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure
MSM Tour and Treks representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your home.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- All accommodation and 3 meals per day during your trek.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Trekking guide, fare, meal, equipment and salary & Insurance
- A Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Porter’s facility.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed